Speaking of ugly shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

Since there has been talk of having one contest for the ugliest/sloppiest shop, I thought I would just go ahead and tell y'all to not even enter this one.....Here goes....

20061220211839_shop%203.jpg

From the garage door.

2006122021195_shop%202.jpg

From the kitchen door looking out into the abyss

20061220211941_shop%201.jpg

looking down the main 'working area'. Notice the Jet down on the floor barely visible.

Between the Bridgeport, and a bed I am repainting, plus normal garage storage, well, it's pretty tight at the moment!
(big sigh here) Some day[^]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />There used to be a guy down the street that when his door was open, made me feel pretty good. But he moved [V]

I assure you Paul; I got you beat but If I show a picture of my shop I'm afraid that Eagle or Lou will come to my house and beat me up for being such a pig.

Nice Bridgeport vertical mill BTW.

JimGo

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Paul, you have a Bridgeport?[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p] Now I'm really jealous.

You like the way he snuck that little gloat in there?!!?!?

Paul, at least you have the ability to have room!

bnoles

Paul,

I had to stop looking at those pics.... they were giving me the willies. I think we need to get Mr. Organization (Firefyter-emt) over there to give you some emergency help.

Oh man... I'm not going to sleep well tonight after seeing that [:0][:0][:0]

M

Mudder

Okay Paul;

Risking life & limb I'll share some pictures of the ugliest shop, hands down.

From the lathe looking toward the door to the house.

Note the first aid kit and fire extinguisher. you can also see my drum sander and tormek on the "workbench"

If you catch the thermometer in the corner you'll also see it's 42 degrees out there.

2006122115840_shop%20002.jpg

Next is the back wall where you can see my drill press and dust collector. The ceiling is 7 feet

200612212023_shop%20004.jpg

Along the north wall we have a couple of grinders and my tool station. I also swear to you that there is a delta tablesaw under there somewhere.

200612212210_shop%20005.jpg

Further down the north wall you can see my Lathes and in the upper left of the picture you can see my air cleaner. (the Mini is usually on the table beside the lathe)

200612212424_shop%20006.jpg

Finally we look east into the abyss; Look close and you will see the band saw and my Radial arm saw.

2006122121516_shop%20008.jpg

For the moment this is what I have to work with and in the spring I intend to put up a shed to store away the clutter. Currently it is 42 degrees in the shop and coupled with the clutter I doubt that there will be much turning until the spring. I am not proud of this clutter and I intend to correct it. some of what is there is what my father had in his house that he did not want me to get rid of and since he has now passed on I can clean up and regain my shop.

I hope to be able to plan the proper placement of all my tools and equipment so I can be up and running as soon as possible in the spring.

Paul;

Do you concede?

M

Mudder

Originally posted by ozmandus
<br />You guys are crazy!![:D] How do you move around in there.. I'm not usually claustrophobic, but looking at your "work" areas... whoooeee[:D]

That's why my turning is limited.

There is actually a 3-1/2 foot wide path in there and I have 5 feet clear from the lathe.

tas2181

Thanks for the pictures guys. Now when the wife complains about the mess in my shop all I will have to do is show her these.[;)]

PS:Nice try Paul but I think Mudder has you beat.

wudnhed

And I thought ours was bad, LOL[:D] Hey Mudder, I was outside turning this AM and it was 48 degrees. Our "shop" is outside so maybe it doesn't look as bad as yours cause there is more room[?][?]

M

Mudder

Originally posted by wudnhed
<br />And I thought ours was bad, LOL[:D] Hey Mudder, I was outside turning this AM and it was 48 degrees. Our "shop" is outside so maybe it doesn't look as bad as yours cause there is more room[?][?]

I just might carry the mini outside if the weather holds out.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by tas2181
<br />Thanks for the pictures guys. Now when the wife complains about the mess in my shop all I will have to do is show her these.[;)]

PS:Nice try Paul but I think Mudder has you beat.

Yeah, but give me a couple of days[:D] Mudder, I don't feel so all alone any more!

M

Mudder

Originally posted by NavyDiver
<br />Mudder, that's not a shop, it's a disaster area. You need to rent a Bobcat and clean that place out [:p] [:D].

If It weren't under the house I think I would have thrown a match in there and started over. When I get the shed built and have all my dad's stuff sorted out it will be better. For now, this is what I have and even though it's cluttered it still has more room than some folks here have.

airrat

OMG I think I saw Jimmy Hoffa's body in one of those pictures!! [:D][:D][:eek:)]

I am glad to see my shop is not the only one that is conjested. Honestly, after doing an antler on the lathe I think Jimmy is buried in my shop.

Paul in OKC

I told my wife that I posted pics of the garage, she was embarrassed. Don't know if the embarrassment was for herself that somebody knows our garage looks like that, or for me[:p].
Every time I get a space cleaned out, though,.......better not go there!

usfwood

Thanks for the encouragement. After seeing that your "workshops" are as bad as mine, I have lost my excuses for not doing more work.[B)] Paul, If you need more room, I can clear out a space for your mill. You could visit it any time you wanted. I would even keep the bits and accessories safe for ya,[;)]

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by usfwood
<br />Thanks for the encouragement. After seeing that your "workshops" are as bad as mine, I have lost my excuses for not doing more work.[B)] Paul, If you need more room, I can clear out a space for your mill. You could visit it any time you wanted. I would even keep the bits and accessories safe for ya,[;)]
Oiled up too[:D] What a deal!

kenwc

I really think this calls for some sort of intervention. Someone call "while you were out" or "In a fix"...DYI to the rescue...SOMETHING...!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom