Spalted maple burl & epoxy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodfulProjects

Hey there. Well, by far one of my most biggest projects so far but had a lot of pleasure doing it. Wifey loves it (was her gift for Christmas) although it wasn't a surprise (took me around 3 months to finish).

Would love to hear what y'all think about it.
If questions, feel free to ask :)

IMG_4812.jpg
IMG_4810.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Can not tell from your photo, is that deep blue to resemble a river flow or is it black? I see there is also pieces of something in there too. Nice job.

derekdd

Beautiful work. That slab is spectacular.

My wife and I work with live edge wood and epoxy though on a smaller scale. We've not attempted a table as large.

Thanks y'all :)
Can not tell from your photo, is that deep blue to resemble a river flow or is it black? I see there is also pieces of something in there too. Nice job.
Nope, on this one I went for a deepl black (metallic pigment) Inspired from projects done by another youtuber (BlackTailStudio). No pieces in the resin, it's just the resin swirls (metallic pigment). For whatever reason these swirls are more visible on one half and less on the other, while the same pigment and amount was used :rolleyes:
I've done other projects with different resin colors (blue, red, etc) but honestly this one is by far my favorite and I dont regret the color choice.

derekdd

Thanks y'all :)

Nope, on this one I went for a deepl black (metallic pigment) Inspired from projects done by another youtuber (BlackTailStudio). No pieces in the resin, it's just the resin swirls (metallic pigment). For whatever reason these swirls are more visible on one half and less on the other, while the same pigment and amount was used :rolleyes:
I've done other projects with different resin colors (blue, red, etc) but honestly this one is by far my favorite and I dont regret the color choice.
I follow Cam, also.

Some of his projects are just spectacular.

Top Bottom