Source for wallstreet II tubes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhstranger

I have been experiementing with resin casting and am looking for a source for 27/64 tubes in 10 inch lengths. I have tried all the usual suspect on the net with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turbowagon

Sierra/Wall Street II tubes are probably more like 13/32" or 10.5mm outside diameter. If they were the same size as the drill bit, the fit would be too tight.

EDIT: According to the PDF in the library, the outside diameter of the Wall Street II tubes is 0.410" which is in between 13/32" and 10.5mm. The key is making sure the inside diameter of 0.381 is the same so that the hardware still press-fits in correctly.

Last edited:

PenMan1

Why not try your local plumbing supply house? I bet they will have something very,very close. You could likely ream the ends of 3/8 to get it to fit. You can buy it by the foot there.

its_virgil

have you tried http://www.smallparts.com ?

Hobby shops the specialize in RC controlled vehicles would be a good source also.

measure the actual OD and don't use the drill bit size. Also check the ID...various wall thicknesses change the ID even if the OD is correct.

For example: Don't assume that all 3/8 OD tubes have the same ID.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

I have been experiementing with resin casting and am looking for a source for 27/64 tubes in 10 inch lengths. I have tried all the usual suspect on the net with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have even gone as far as contacting K&S Engineering and they dont make one that you can substitute. They list a 10 mm on their site but not a 10.5. Are you looking to match the OD. or the ID.? http://www.ksmetals.com/resources/cuttolength.pdf You can print this and check to see if they have something you can work/live with. Mike

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Here is the chart from K&S where he gets his tubes. You should be able to order from someone in the states close by, Im not sure what it costs to ship from Canada. this is the chart from the link in my earlier post

Attachments

• brass tube.jpg
    brass tube.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 122
Top Bottom