Source for translation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Anyone have a source for translation for the attached sticker. I am assuming it is for cutting threads but I can't make it out. I assume there is a source out there somewhere but I don't even know where to start. Picture one is the whole sticker. Picture two is a close up of part. Sorry they are not very good. I would like to learn to do this just need a translation to start.

I inherited an Enco Model 109-1015-Page 11 of the attached PDF seems to have a threading table but I don't understand it either.

Anyone know of a source I can learn from?

Attachments

• Threading 1.jpg
    Threading 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Threading 2.jpg
    Threading 2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 109-1015.pdf
    868.7 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Do you have 2 speeds by changing belt position? B and C are tooth count for the gears in their places. Im guessing A is down D is across

A =75 teeth D=42 you get 14 tpi or doubled 28tpi

IF A =25 teeth and D= 42 teeth you get 42 adn 84 tpi

Last edited:

azamiryou

The chart is to tell you what gears you put in what positions to get different thread pitches. A, B, C, and D are gear positions. A is the changeable gear closest to the spindle, and D is the one closest to the lead screw. In some cases, you don't use C; the axle for D should include a spacer you can swap with the gear to make it align with B instead of C. The tops and sides of the tables give the number of teeth on the gears; the cells inside each table give the thread pitch in mm (metric) or threads/inch (imperial).

It looks like the top part may be for cutting under power rather than threading.

The diagram with the imperial table seems to indicate it's counting thread pairs per inch? I have no idea what that's about, but it's easy enough to test on scrap to make sure that where it says 16 in the chart, you actually do get 16 TPI.

azamiryou

By the way, the chart in the manual is the same basic information, but rearranged to have the thread pitches across the top, rows for the gears, and the number of teeth for each gear in the table cells.

For example, for 16 tpi the sticker shows:
A: 75 teeth (left side of table)
B: 125 teeth (noted in top right of table)
C: 127 teeth (noted in top right of table)
D: 48 teeth (top side of table)
Speed: I (left side of table)

In the manual, the thread/inch table shows the exact same data. Read across the top to 16 tpi, then down that column to see A, B/C, D, and the speed. Perfect match!

In my opinion, the manual is easier to use. With the sticker, you have to look all over the sticker to find your target TPI (and it's in there twice!), then look in all different directions to get all the pieces of info you need.

Top Bottom