SORBY RS3000

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ret767capt

I just recently joined the IAP. Have been turning for many year and at one time belonged to the Chicago Woodturners and the American Association of Woodturners. When I began, I jumped in with both feet, turning hollow forms and platters. During that learning curve, I acquired a Sorby RS3000 Ornamental Turning Device and used it to decorate these items. The basic concept is a controllers that's coupled to a magnetic sensing probe attached to the spinning item on the lathe. The impulses generated by the magnetic pickup causes an associated piston (housed) to move against and retract from the spinning piece. At the front of the piston is a cutter, of varying shapes and profiles, to jab at the piece in precise intervals and depths causing very small chips of wood to be removed. It is the interval measure that creates a specific pattern on the surface of the piece. The effect can be very dramatic and beautiful. I am no longer doing that kind of turning and am willing to part with this device to a warm and loving turning home. There is no cost for the unit (free), all that I ask is the recipient pay for any shipping cost that might be involved in transporting the RS3000 to its new home. Any questions? feel free to email me at tsashko@sbcglobal.net or call my cell at 847-899-3499. Good luck and happy turning!
Tom Sashko

0FEB3EB6-94F1-4FF3-925C-11D107E4CA8A.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom