Something different...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gketell

Status
Not open for further replies.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
So we were listening to Harry Potter on CD. We get to the last CD and about 1/2 way through it, it stops playing. I look at it and the disk has some pretty deep gouges. What's a guy with a lathe and water and Micro Mesh supposed to do?:

20079424037_IMG_4867.jpg

I made a CD/DVD polishing kit!! It is MUCH harder plastic than any pen blank I had polished up but with perseverance I was able to get the gouges out and get the disk back to usable form!

These are the blocks I made to hold the CD. Each has a center section that is 1/2 CD-Thickness "turned tenon (?)" just the right size to fit in the CD's center hole made out of a block just the right size to cover the entire center section of the CD without getting onto the "cut"/data section.

20079431329_IMG_4872.jpg

GK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I can see it now....... a modified live center to "Burn" DVD's![:D]

The creativity on this forum is unbelievable! For one person to think of this is one thing, but for two people to think of it is pretty wild.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Micro Mesh sanding pads and water. Start with the roughest and sand until the the scrapes are gone. Then work your way through the different grits until you get through the 12000 grit.

GK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom