Somebody here use this or the wolverine one?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darbytee

It looks like a knock-off of the Wolverine. I can't comment on this one specifically but I've been using the Wolverine for a couple of years and I'm very happy with it.

beamer

If you are so inclined (or as cheap as me!), you could take a stab at building your own, too :)

http://www.sacramentoareawoodworkers.com/album/thumbnails.php?album=14

woodbutcher

If you decide on the Wolverine be sure to go to the Oneway site and click the media button. There you will find videos and instructions on all Oneway products. The instructions in the box leave a lot to be desired particularly if you have never seen one before.
Jim

reef12

Looking at the Wolverine one.
Might as well spend the bucks then the Knock off one[:)]

Downloaded the videos thanks a bunch.

Nice lathes they make [:D]

Wish I had $6000.00 laying around LMAO

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I don't use one either, If I felt I had a need for one I would build my own.
That being said, I realize many woould rather spend time using tools than building them and that's O.K. too.
The Wolverine has been around for a while, I don't know if it was the original using this desig.
I do know that Wolverine also makes various attachments that allow the user to sharpen many different types of chisels.
Before orfering any of them I would check to see what different attachments are available in conjunction with the different tools I may want to use it on.

fatharry

I use the Woodcut Tru-Grind sharpening jig which I have been very happy with and this system can be used to sharpen skews as well as gouges. It is available from csusa and would be worth a look at.
cheers
fat harry

stevebp

I purchased the one from Penn State. The flat tool rest post is shorter than I would have preffered, I have an 8" wheel on my grinder, it may work well on a 6" wheel. The construction feels pretty solid. Bottom line, my tools are sharp and for the money it was worth it.

aggiengr

I purchased the system from Penn State. As another said, my tools are sharp, so it was worth it. I did have some issues fitting the jigs under my grinder wheels and still being at an adequate height, but I think it was more of an issue with my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom