Some New Laser Cut Inlaid and Segmented Patterns

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ken Wines

Ken Wines

I'm calling the first pattern the Convoluted Tumbling Dice pattern. It's a hexagon based pattern but has some implied circular elements to it. The woods are padauk, maple, cherry and walnut. There 48 inlays in each of the tubes.
IMG_5447.JPG

The second pattern I'm calling a Laser segmented pattern. The rings on the ends are connected together with a grid work of x's that have a unique interconnection in the 4 corners. The woods on this one walnut, cherry and maple.
IMG_5397.JPG

The third is another segmented pattern. It is made up of diagonal elements that connect together utilizing a quadruple dovetail connector in the corners. The woods on this one are walnut and maple.
IMG_5435.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ken Wines

Those are great Ken! Do you sleep or does the next potential pattern keep you awake? Your skill is truly amazing!
Thanks, Jason. Sleep is highly overrated. Once I start a blank I usually keep plugging away until I have a finished pen. I started the pen in the first photo yesterday afternoon. After a late supper I came back to the shop and continued my work. I turned 65 the other day and must admit that I can't seem to do the long hours that I could 20 years ago. So .... I'll be catching some z's here shortly.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Those are amazing Ken. I do love seeing your artistry. Thanks for sharing and inspiring others. Your catalogue of designs is amazing. Be well.

Woodchipper

65? I wish. Ken, those are awesome blanks!
My time in the shop was limited by a bad knee but I have now adapted some by turning while sitting on a stool. Somewhat hard to get the "body English" when turning. Short ens are not a problem as I can move the tool as needed.

Top Bottom