Some more random youtube channels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Like many different crafts, I have always been fascinated by metalworking. Machinining has obvious overlaps with penturning (although most penturners seem to start with woodworking). For some time I have been wanting a metal lathe, but I still have a lot of woodworking dragons to slay, so it will probably have to wait for a while. Regardless, I started down the machining youtube rabbit hole and its simply amazing. Lots of really cool techniques and tools. I already learned that when I refer to my Nova G3 chuck as a "4-jaw chuck" the machinists probably cringe (in machining a 3-jaw chuck is a scroll chuck like we typically use whereas a 4-jaw has jaws that all move independently for precise centering -- at least that's my basic understanding now). Also, 1-2-3 blocks look seem like an infinitely useful cheap tool. And "getting within a few thou" is considered "rough turning". Anyway, I recommend checking out the various machining channels, but be careful because you might get lost for a while ;)

Here are two of my favorites (both have very dry and nerdy "dad joke" type humor - not for everyone):

rherrell

Here are a few of mine. I've learned a LOT from these guys, ESPECIALLY Keith Fenner, he's "old school".

For all you CNC guys...This guy is a GENIUS!!!

howsitwork

try this lads site but be warned he has a variety of choice phrases so don't let the kids , or wife listen

Top Bottom