Some experiments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

Poured a block (liquid diamonds resin) a while ago using a friend's favorite sport team colors, the (ballpoint) pen became her favorite ever and I was left with a few extra blanks. At that time I was experimenting with pouring methods and that block came out quite wild with good color separation and swirling.
So here's the next iteration, a fountain pen with a black oxide Jowo #6 nib. Threads are my usual M13x0.8T and M10x1.
It needs some more TLC to finalize, I'm debating between high gloss and satin finish.
C & C welcome.

XC3Y7927.jpg XC3Y7930.jpg
XC3Y7931.jpg XC3Y7933.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pierre---

Well done Fred! And nice pour. I guess you did in on purpose, but is it not a bit confusing not to know at first sight which part is the cap and which is the barrel when the pen is closed?

Fred Bruche

Well done Fred! And nice pour. I guess you did in on purpose, but is it not a bit confusing not to know at first sight which part is the cap and which is the barrel when the pen is closed?
Thanks Pierre!
Is your question a subtle way to suggest that a clip would help to distinguish body and cap? 😅 Yes Sir, I'm working on my clip designs, trial and error process, not ready for prime time yet (saving the splash for the 2023 BASH maybe?).
That said, though it might not show up in the pictures, there is a 0.4mm difference in the cap and body diameter where they meet, easily noticeable by touch.

Pierre---

Thanks Pierre!
Is your question a subtle way to suggest that a clip would help to distinguish body and cap? 😅 Yes Sir, I'm working on my clip designs, trial and error process, not ready for prime time yet (saving the splash for the 2023 BASH maybe?).
That said, though it might not show up in the pictures, there is a 0.4mm difference in the cap and body diameter where they meet, easily noticeable by touch.
I was not necessarily speaking of a clip (am I this subtle btw? 😊), but of length: the cap is usually much shorter than the barrel. I guess with the little step, it will do.

Top Bottom