Some Christmas gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from esheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

esheffield

Here are some pens I made for Christmas gifts. Only turned about 5 pens before these. LOUSY pics, I know. Didn't download them to the PC until today after I have given them all away so no reshoots. ;)

These are modified slimlines. They are Bethlehem olive wood with ebony and bloodwood accents. At least I think that's what the accents are - they were from a grab-bag from Woodcraft. The one on the left is a bit too thick, and the second from right a little thinner than I wanted. Top center one is my fav.

2004122904654_BOW_1.jpg

This is a teacher's pen. The body is maple with ebony and bloodwood ends. All grab-bag wood so I may be wrong on the wood ID. Made 5 of these, but had already given some away when I made the pic.

2004122904714_TeachersPen.jpg

Eddie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Very nice.

The top picture looks fine, the bottom is a little fuzzy. That's what learning is all about. The accents give them a nice touch.

G

Not a clinker in the bunch,I wish my pictures would come out that bad.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Very nice laminations. Looks like you ID'd the accent woods exactly. But since you posted these AFTER you gave them as gifts, I suppose it's too late to tell you that I have a birthday coming.

PenWorks

Very Nice work Eddie, agreed, the center pen is the pick of the lot, perfect balance, size & grain.

Lou at the pace your having birthday's, you should be reaching the century mark real soon [:D] Anthony

Fred in NC

Eddie, great job on all these pens! Very nice use of accents. Now I understand that one of them is your favorite, but believe me, some people like their pens thicker and some like them thinner. It is up to the individual, and what feels comfortable for the user. They are all very nice looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom