Some BOW & Funk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Being depressed because I couldn't be at the pen show, I drowned my sorrows in my shop this weekend. Couple of BOW Jr. Statesmen, plus made two BOW woodworker pencils, sold them at the golf course this morning! and some Funky Black Ti Barons.
Thanks for looking :)

20058152571_bow_solidbody2.jpg

200581523117_green_baron.jpg

200581523157_tiger_baron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Deere41h

Anthony.....I have missed your posts lately. Nice to see you are back making those wonderful creations. I enjoy seeing them. Thanks for sharing with us.

WoodChucker

Anthony, those are really nice and you know how much I like green, but this time I think I'd go for that one on the bottom, that's beautiful! Nice work!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
As usual fantastic work.... at least you are turning something... too hot in my shop to do anything, but the occassional cabochon for stoppers..

Tony, we are real sorry you could not meet us at the show... but remember I did offer to take your money there and show it a good time if you could not make it[}:)][}:)]
Honestly we had a nice time... the place was absolutely packed, parking was horrible and there was no air conditioning... heat index was 108.. you would have felt right at home.. [:p]
We did get to meet some penturners at the show.. Mark Gisi and his son were there with their fantastic segmentations, Barry Gross was there, Rich K was there and was kind enough to critique my work (a real experience having someone like him look over your work...). They appeared to be doing well with sales and their pricing was not what I would call "over the edge"... so there is a market in these shows for us.

PenWorks

Tom, how can you be billed as the largest pen show, and have no A/C ! Still, sounded like it was a fun time even without my money. I think there is definately a market at these shows for us. You either have your "new modern pens" or "antique/collectable pens" then "custom made".

Serge, my luck is changing, sold those two pencils at the course, plus won 3 out of my 4 bets![:)] Now if only that ship carrying my DVR from your place would get here sooner.

RT. I sold a simular one like that bottom one, so I thought I would make another.

Thanks for the comments

lkorn

Anthony,

I was there with Griz and MDWINE, The A/C was working, just not very well. I think the system was overwhelmed by volume of people. Shoulder to shoulder, you couldn't step away from a table without knocking someone down. Backup alarms were required and issued at the door. The biggest thing I learned was that there are people that claim to be able to reshape a FP so that it will write properly for a lefty. I may have to investigate this further and make one for myself.

larry

PenWorks

Pator Bill, thanks for mentioning the props. Do you really think they are props? I laid the pens on a magazine page, but after looking at the photos more closely, they really look like props. And as for the Cave Creek prop, guy or gal?

Thanks all for the comments.

btboone

The GREEN one! I like it. Looks like I'll need to talk to you about presentation when and if I ever get my new pen off the ground. I love the leather boxes and stuff you do to add class to your pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom