So nice having a fiber laser in the shop - brought my metal engraving in-house now

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

I just got the 30. I do miss being able to make pens and other large wood items but lasers and 3d printers (I got one for the wife but) are just as addicting. At lease I can here every day see the pens.
You have a ComMarker B4 as well? I'm considering a laser this spring but would like to stay at about $2k CAD. Wondering if the 30 is worth the 25% price jump.

@Carl Fisher Did you get the rotary with it? Which one did you get the D69 or the D80. They offer a deal with both rotaries, but I wonder why you would want the two.

Carl Fisher

You have a ComMarker B4 as well? I'm considering a laser this spring but would like to stay at about $2k CAD. Wondering if the 30 is worth the 25% price jump.

@Carl Fisher Did you get the rotary with it? Which one did you get the D69 or the D80. They offer a deal with both rotaries, but I wonder why you would want the two.

I have whichever this one is
1709212616507.png

Honestly I haven't put the rotary to use yet. Since the fiber doesn't really do good at pen engraving I mostly use my big P2 CO2 laser for anything that needs to be on a rotary.

As for power, buy the most power you can afford and if you are just short then wait until you can get that next step up. The 20w is good but it could use more oomph.

Carl Fisher

Darrin,
I have the D69. As far as the 30, I have always been a believer of buying bigger than what you think you need because you'll need it. hope that makes since.

so I've now completely ditched the ComMarker rotary in favor of the RA2 from my xtool setup. The problem is you still need the stepper controller from the ComMarker or have enough understanding of stepper configuration to wire in your own controller. Not hard, but just takes some know how.

That said, the RA2 is a HUGE leap in usability on the ComMarker, especially if you want to do larger objects.

1711031261428.png

Top Bottom