So many types of alumilite...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kylemadeit

Hello all,

I am finally getting into making my own resin blanks! I've turned over 400 pens and many other items so it's a step I feel I need to take to be truly unique. (Kitless pens will be soon also) .

Anyway I have read lots of info on here but it seems there have been lots of changes over the years. Has anyone had experience with this alumilite amazing deep pour? Is it the same as clear slow?

Thanks in advance for help and suggestions.
cb3819b6fe036ae00cbae6832b9119b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Anyway I have read lots of info on here but it seems there have been lots of changes over the years. Has anyone had experience with this alumilite amazing deep pour? Is it the same as clear slow?
Amazing Clear cast, Amazing Clear Cast Plus, and Amazing Deep Pour are epoxy resins. Clear and Clear Slow and White are urethane resins. So, no to your question.

Epoxy resins take 12+ hours to de-mold and several days to completely cure. I have not used the Deep Pour but every other popular epoxy resin I have tried has yellowed. I suppose that is not a problem when casting with pigments and dyes but I mostly clear cast snake skin blanks.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

bmachin

The two products you have picked here are both epoxies. The others that you might use are Clear and Clear Slow which are urethanes. I would advise you to go to Alumilite's YouTube Channel here:

and pick and choose what you're interested in.

If you don't know the difference between epoxy and urethane, here's the link to Alumilite's video explaining the difference:

Hope this is useful.

Bill

Edit: I see that Don beat me to it. Give the videos a look though; they're really quite helpful.

Top Bottom