Snowman pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Thanks, John, for your posted link to the video of making a Snowman Slimline single barrel pen.

I enjoyed watching that video, and I would recommend it for beginning pen-turners who have a couple of slimlines "under their belt".

Doing a single barrel is a little different from the stock slimline with two barrels and this guy tells you just what you need to make the transition to single barrel, in my opinion.

It's good also in that, with the snowman shaping, you get your creative juices warmed up to add some spice to the turning process.

There are a few novel features to this turning project which are presented quite well and can be appreciated when you have a little bit of previous experience. One is the use of the small 1/4" skew ... makes the introduction to use of a skew somewhat less scary !

I am going to try to watch some more videos by this guy ... Templeboy Turning, I think he is ... on YouTube. Very well done !!!

Woodchipper

Mal, glad you enjoyed it. I agree- he made it simple and explained each step. The pen uses different turning techniques. I also think his use of the skew did away with the fear that most of have for that tool. My wife watched most of it and she was impressed. Surprised she didn't say, Why don't you make one?
I have a book that deals with Slimline modifications, one is the one piece pen.

Top Bottom