Snow Globe Stopper and Duck Call

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

These were part of last Novembers "Exotic Blanks Presents" live demo on zoom. The demo was on Christmas and gift ideas.

The first pic is a clear cast I made of a lone evergreen tree in snowfall, on a burl base. The wood I had wasn't thick enough so I opted to epoxy a piece of green mica cast resin to the base. I thought it would help accent the tree. Overall I like it but would have liked to make it more round and not as tall. I was at the mercy of the tree without making it too big.

The second pic is a scrap piece of figured Ash. The fun thing about calls are your shape options are pretty limitless.

Thanks for looking. All comments welcome!

Attachments

• snow globe bottle stopper.jpg
    snow globe bottle stopper.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 92
  • duck call.jpg
    duck call.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 90
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

That bottle stopper is excellent. How did you cast that such that the glitter flakes didn't settle?

JohnU

That bottle stopper is excellent. How did you cast that such that the glitter flakes didn't settle?
Thanks, I used Eye Candy mica named Snow. They are large flakes with little weight. I let the clear resin reach about 115° and mixed the flakes before pouring and it cured before the flakes settled.

Lew

Again beautiful work. Question: Are these "live demos" available for viewing after the fact? I looked on the Exotic website but didn't see anything.

JohnU

Again beautiful work. Question: Are these "live demos" available for viewing after the fact? I looked on the Exotic website but didn't see anything.
Thank you. The demos are recorded and later put on YouTube but you have to sign up to get access to them. Just email "sales@exoticblanks.com" and ask to be put on the zoom demo list. It's free but if you're not signed up, you can't access the recordings.

Reactions: Lew
Top Bottom