Small tool gloat.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

Well, a big one for me. I received my DVR XP and finished the stand for it also. I wasn't happy with what was available so I designed my own and had a buddy weld it. The stand alone is about 150#. I through a few bags of sand on it this morning and I can't move either end anymore, so I think its stable enough for the big stuff now.

2006429235040_lathe%20on%20stand-1.jpg

200642923511_lathe%20on%20stand-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dubdrvrkev

Thanks fellas.
Wiley, Mike will win, he lives two houses down. You guys better bring some friends, I'd guess with the sand bags its into the 500-600 pound range.

bnoles

Now watcha need such a big ole beast like that to turn itty bitty pens with [:D]

Kev, that is an awesome set up and that stand is as first class as they come. Nice gloat!

Daniel

congrats on the lathe, and you did a great job designing the stand. hope to get myself a Nova someday soon. will be looking to borrow your stand design when I do. I just hope tha by the time you read this it isn't all still looking so clean. needs a couple inches of wood dust all over it.

dubdrvrkev

I'm very pleased with the stand, don't worry it is 6" deep in shavings already. I won't be able to turn any pens on it until I get a shorter toolrest. Not too worry though the Jet mini is still in service. Still trying to organize the shop so both lathes are in usable spots though.

And to answer everyones question, this is a big tool gloat, but a huge one would be a Oneway 2436, Stubby 750, or Robust 25x28. But alas this will probably be the hugest one I ever own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom