Votes: 19 12.7%
  • PEN 9

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • PEN 14

Votes: 18 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D.Oliver

So after one round of voting we are now down to top five pens. In this round you may only vote for one pen.

PEN 2
stripe 1.jpg

stripe 2.jpg

stripe 3.jpg

I eliminated the center band and the finial for my 2 alterations. The blank was produced by myself using recon veneer laminated and split and reglued to get the chevron pattern. The 2 colors are artic White and Walnut veneer. There are 268 pieces of veneer in the blank. Finish is 8 coats of CA.

PEN 5
ent1.jpg

ent2.jpg

ent3.jpg

I recently turned a Mesa with segmented pieces of blank cut offs. My wife liked the look of the pen, but not the size. This is my attempt of turning a slimline into something resembling a single barrel pen. The black bits is African Blackwood,the top and bottom bands is Snakebean, centre band is Hairy Vitex Burl, and the remaining 2 band is Wild Olive. The centre and clip band was made out of a 6mm brass nut. The most difficult bit was turning the bottom bit of the top section without a tube.

PEN 8
Pine Cone Body & Cap Cocobolo Band-1.jpg
Pine Cone Body & Cap Cocobolo Band-2.jpg
Pine Cone Body & Cap Cocobolo Band-3.jpg

This pen was made from a pine cone from the Ocala State Park in Florida which I stabilized with Cactus Juice. The cap is also made from pine cone and the band is cocoboloa. BLO and CA finish.

PEN 9
2016-02-03 09.32.58_kindlephoto-9110269 (238x1280).jpg
2016-02-03 09.33.09_kindlephoto-9078702 (232x1280).jpg
2016-02-03 09.33.18_kindlephoto-9034534 (209x1280).jpg

Mesquite with Maple veneer and home made center band

PEN 14
Pool Pen 1.jpg

Pool Pen 2.jpg

Pool Pen 3.jpg

Ever since I started to make pens last year I've been wanting to make a pen similar to how pool cues are made. I recalled an article from the early 80's describing how the blank was built up and how after turning it created the strips that go from nothing to wide. The top section of the pen is made the same way as a pool cue. Using pool cue terms, the Bumper/But cap is made of Ebony, the Handle is made from Walnut and Maple, the Joint from Ebony and the Pro Taper is made from Curly Maple. This pen only uses the refill, the transmission and a few sections of 7mm tube.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I got two from my first round voting here.
THEN, I had to decide all over again. And I made a change.......But I still had twoto choose.

Flipped a coin and voted but anyone of these pens could be the winner.
Congrats to all the people that entered this contest and the top 5 here most assured.
You did some wonderful designs on these pens.

Top Bottom