Slimline Pro Gel Writers With Click Top

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Young

Here is my first attempt at this model of pen . The assembly instructions were the pits (at least for me) but once I got the first one figured out , the rest were a piece of cake.

From top to bottom they are.

figured sugar maple pen
light honduras rosewood pen
fiddle back mahogany pen
purpleheart pen
dark honduras rosewood pen
dark honduras rosewood pencil

I selected two pieces of wood that looked like a close match for the pen and pencil set at the bottom but as we all know, there can be quite a difference in wood grain and pattern and color when it is turned to its final dimension. Are these two too far apart in color to classify as a set ? ?
If so, I could try another one to hopefully get a closer match to either one or the other.

That little bulge I put toward the tip end looks a little unusual to me but it sure does have a nice feel to it when in the writing position.
W.Y.

64356146.jpg

tipusnr

As long as it doesn't get to be too much of a true "bead" I think you'll find it's quite popular with the customers as well. I hardly do any straight slimlines as people don't carry them in their shirt pockets any more so they don't have to fit through the slit in the pocket flap.

melogic

William,
Nice looking writing instruments. I have found it quite hard to get two pieces to match even coming from the same block of wood. I think this is why people find them so unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom