Slimline Contest Rant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I think if the contest wasn't basically over, I would quit. Early in the week I got an email from airrat asking if I though a pen had made would qualify. Based on the information he provided, I said probably not, but asked for a picture. He sent me a picture of a CSUSA 7mm Euro that his mother had painted flowers on. I told him it wouldn't since it was really a 7mm Euro and the contest was based on standard slimline kits. He then posted the pen in SOYP. Last night I got another email from him complaining that entry #12 used "exactly" the same parts as his pen. #12 has a Euro clip and finial but looks nothing at all like a Euro. I politely explained again that 7mm Euros should have been specifically excluded (I did make that change after his first email), but if he disagreed he was welcome to contact Jeff. Today I get another email from him stating that I have an "attitude" about the pen. I now know the rules should have excluded collaborations too. He said he probably would contact Jeff. If anyone wants to see the exact emails, I will be more than happy to forward them, but I am tired of being harassed and am ready to block his email adddress in Outlook.

OK, rant over.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

You should see the e-mails complaining about the Trivia questions!! I have been accused of sniffing CA, collaborating with the Yahoo group, and getting the answers wrong in many cases (although my answers were correct).

Just goes to show you that people don't appreciate the work you put in. Although, most people have said the contest has been fun and challenging and really a blast, you always have those few who complain. :(

Scott

Since I'm the one who got you all into this, I want you to know that I really appreciate what you have done to run this Birthday Bash! I knew I couldn't do it by myself, which is why I asked for your help. I guess I forgot to mention that if you stick your head up too far around here, you tend to catch ****, oops, FLACK! [:I]

Gerry, the contest was yours to run. To do that you made the rules, and applied them in the best way you could. People will always pick at you, but you did fine.

Scott.

gerryr

Thanks Scott, after reading what people have been saying to Bill, I've had a lot less grief than he has. I'm over it. I'm going skiing tomorrow and not worry about anything except helping people improve and blasting through some bumps on my new skis.[:p][:p][:p]:D

Top Bottom