Slimline Bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bryan

Hey folks, I have bushings for PSI Slimlines and am currently looking at Fancy Slimlines in Exoticblanks.com. The bushings in the photo on Exoticblanks.com appear to be different sizes, but the specs list .335 for all bushings vs .331 on the PSI brand.

So my question is, do I need to buy new bushings for the Exotic Blanks Slimlines or will my PSI bushings work?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dr_N

I can't imagine anyone will notice the 4 thousandths of an inch difference on the finished product. I'd say go with what you already have on hand.

Bryan

Great, my thoughts too! I just wanted someone opinion. I was confused by the photo, it showed different sized bushings, but the specs indicate differently. Thank you

jakoop

I need to start using calipers. I guess I've been lucky, only had one pen turn out a little too slim after sanding. Good advice. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
I have only just started turing and the use of calipers has made my few pens look so much better. I can get a nice smooth transition between the hardware and the wood. I know it takes time and it slows me down, but it has been part of my routine and is giving me the patience I need to do it right. Just the opinion of a rookie turner.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The pictures of bushing sets, on ExoticBlanks are NOT necessarily the bushings that are described and will be shipped.

"Bushings is bushings", so don't rely on our pics for that purchase!!!!!

Top Bottom