Sierra problem (UPDATE)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

No, Scott, your post didn't upset me. No one else's did either for that matter. It's just that this post went every where except where I envisioned and I got tired of feeling beat up over it. And never seemed to focus on the original point... the threads are not cut right. Yes you can still tighten the mechanism up, and yes I will continue to make these as long as they sell, or until the quality gets so bad I find them no longer exceptable. And yes, I will continue to expain to my customers how to change the refills. But none of that was the original point. Nor was I trying to cast dispersions on the kit. Only what seems to be a lack of QC in a new kit. But if no one cares, so be it. The evidence is clear, at least to those willing to look at it. Some would rather blindly accept what they are given. I have no problem with that as long as they don't expect the same of me.

I have a question for you about your little trick. After using the rubber band to tighten the tranny can you still unscrew it with the barrel on? I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just thinking it might be too tight for that. Or is that the point?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I have a question for you about your little trick. After using the rubber band to tighten the tranny can you still unscrew it with the barrel on? I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just thinking it might be too tight for that. Or is that the point?

Bingo Buddy! I tighten it up so it cannot unscrew. And it's done by design. [:)] I agree that those threads are not right. In fact I can find no thread standard that they adhere to. It seems that the lower section is a square thread and the twist mechanism section is some sort of modified buttres(sp?) type thread. I hope that they will be changed for the better sometime in the future. For now, my workaround will suffice for me.

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br /> Mudder,

Good idea. Could you use one of those rubber sheets that improve your grip on the lid of the new bottle of dill pickle spears as well?

I suppose so but rubberbands are usually close at hand and they are cheap. I'm <s>a tightwad</s> uh....thrifty.

I have the kits and am preparing to turn a few hopefully next week. Question - Will loc-tite help to take up the slop in the threads & then keep them tight?

M

Mudder

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />I have the kits and am preparing to turn a few hopefully next week. Question - Will loc-tite help to take up the slop in the threads & then keep them tight?

Perhaps a dab of clear nail polish in the threads. Just a drop mind you.
Trick #2; I use red nail polish to put witness marks on instruments. It does exactly the same as the stuff we bought for $18.00 a bottle except that it's about $16.50 cheaper.

It will however make the pen a bear to come apart and then there is a powdery substance from the nail polish that might make some folks upset. DAMHIKT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom