• 2. Bethlehem Olive Wood Elegant Monarch

• 3. All squared up

• 4. SEB Turned with Kudzu Oak

• 5. Mello Yellow

• 6. Trash to Treasure

• 7. Peacock

• 8. Pen oak burl sierra style

• 9. Black and White

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

woodwzrd

We have 17 fantastic entries in the Sierra contest so we will split the group into two polls. Please select your top four favorites from each poll. The top four winners from each poll will advance to a finals poll.

1. Black Obsession - Black Palm, Aluminum and Gabon Ebony with ca finish on Black Chrome Diamond Knurl
1. A.jpg
1. B.jpg

2. Bethlehem Olive Wood Elegant Monarch - This is an Elegant Monarch in Gun Polish and Antique Bronze kit with a Cross center band from the Classic Nib. The body was turned using a blank of Bethlehem Olive Wood and it was finished with CA.
2. A.jpg
2. B.jpg
2. C.jpg

3. All squared up - This is a Gatsby with green acrylic squares wrapped in Padauk. The squares are on four sides, with opposite sides having either 3 or 4 squares.
3. A.jpg
3. B.jpg
3. C.jpg

4. SEB Turned with Kudzu Oak - I turned his pen with a FOG oak branch that had been strangled by a kudzu vine. I was hoping that the grooved channel would go the length of the blank, however it was not to be. I left the center of the blank convex so I wouldn't lathe away more of the groove. I filled the groove with ground turquoise. CA finish and polished with 3M Ultra Fine Machine Polish. Black and gold TN plating on the SEB. I am pleased with the results.
4. A.jpg
4. B.jpg
4. C.jpg

5. Mello Yellow - This is a pen created from Polymer Clay canes on an Oil Slick Pen Kit. Sealed and polished with CA glue
5. A.jpg
5. B.jpg
5. C.jpg

6. Trash to Treasure - Sierra pen with spalted oak that was in the cut off scrap pile. The blank was stabilized, turned and finished with CA, polished with Magic Juice and buffed. The grain is quite something and there is even some curl.
6. A.JPG
6. B.JPG
6. C.JPG

7. Peacock - A peacock adorning a Sirocco pen kit
7. A.JPG

8. Pen oak burl sierra style - Pen oak burl wood. Sierra style. CA finish
8. A.jpg
8. B.jpg
8. C.jpg

9. Black and White - This is a diamond knurl chrome and TI gold with a black and white ebony blank. I found this blank as an off cut in my scrap bin. It was covered in wax, so I didn't have a good idea what the blank looked like prior to turning. It was a bit of a surprise and I'm very happy with how the blank turned out.
9. A.jpg
9. B.jpg

woodwzrd

Only 52 voters so far. I know there are a lot more member looking at this poll than 52. Let's show these entrants some love and cast your votes. There is still 2 days left in this poll to determine who goes to the finals.

woodwzrd

We are down to less than a couple hours to get your final votes in for the preliminary poll. There are just s few votes separating pen #3 and #4.

I hope to have finals poll up over my lunch hour today.

Top Bottom