Show me your buffing set-ups

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Hey guys, I am hacking up a cheap B&D 5" grinder and making it a buffer for pens and wood. The grinder was a freebie and is almost not a grinder if you know what I mean! Well, I chopped off the 5" wheel gaurd housing and filed the casting smooth so that the buffing wheels are nice & open. I have room to slip 6" wheeds on it now. My question, given a 4" to 6" wheel. What are the best kind to get, and do you guys cover your buffer when not in use? Should I go with the 6" wheel of 4" wheels?? Any other ideas or tips?

I have a big old 8" grinder, but it's old and will not stall no matter what, not quite what I wanted to use on a pen! [:0]

I didn't think to take a before photo, but I just need to shoot a coat of paint on it tomorow and put it back togather and find a place to mount it. How do you like that fine metal work? The wheel covers were all part of the casting.

1222061.jpg

1222062.jpg

After hacksawing a bunch of unneeded stuff off.. :D
www.yankeetoys.org/lee/1222063.jpg

wood-of-1kind

This is my three(3) wheel buffing system set-up. I make these MT2 steel shafts as well as the delrin spacers. Simply mount on your mini lathe and you're good to go.
-Peter-
200612240335_PC230001.jpg
<br />
2006122403327_PC230004.jpg
<br />

stevers

Hey Lee,
You butcher you. LOL I'm in the prossess myself. Got a grinder from a guy on the side of the road. Kinda have the same questions myself. I'll be keeping an eye on this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom