Shopping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phixius

I wanted to start a thread where people listed their places they go for getting Pen Turning Kits, Adhesives, abrasives, bushings, tubes, Blanks, drill bits, tools, buffing, finishes, and anything else pen turning I failed to list.This way everyone has a place to start bookmarking sites to get deals on supplies.
I'm always looking for the best deal being on a fixed income because of medical disability and still raising a family I need to shop very wise and penny pinch. Not saying the rest of you don't want to as wellmind you. I'm new so I'm still in the process of finding sites. I refuse to turn any pen where refills aren't readily available to the consumer. So start listing. Try to be considerate of your fellow Turner's and read above so we don't end up with 15 Woodcraft© Rockler© and Penn State Industries (PSI)© yes and thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

I live in Canada, so I try to purchase from a Canadian seller, not because of any bias against the U.S. sellers. Mainly because of the shipping rates, and the custom charges. The two main suppliers I use, are William Wood Write, and Woodchucker's, There is a supplier in Quebec, but I have never bought from him yet. And that's about it for me, well all except for what I purchase on here from fellow member's.

Len

qquake

Over the years, I've purchased from many vendors. Hut Products, Woodturners Catalog, Woodcraft, Woodturningz, Rockler, and some that are no longer in business. But lately, it's been primarily PSI and Exotic. Exotic has the best selection of blanks, by far.

99%+ of my kits come from PSI. I've had great success using them and I can usually beat any other vendors prices especially if you catch their sales and use the wood turners club discount. I've used other vendors in the past but some lack customer focus so I won't buy from them, even if they're cheaper than PSI. Any "specialty" kits I buy from members on IAP and have had great success and some very nice custom component kits. Most of the rest of my supplies come from Amazon. As for blanks, plastic/acrylic, I usually rely on Woodcraft although I don't buy much of this style blank. Great customer service and if you catch their sales you can usually do pretty well. Also, for large orders with them you can usually negotiate a lower price at some pretty substantial discounts. Specialty blanks I buy from members of the IAP and again have had good results and some Very Nice blanks. Wood blanks I either buy from other members of the IAP or buy board stock and cut them to size. I also don't rule out Lowes or Home Depot for other items like sandpaper etc. If you're a Veteran you can also get a 10% discount at both stores.

henry1164

Wolf Creek Knives - You have my attention with the phrase you use in your post - "wood turners club discount". What is that and how can I get a piece of that action?

Wolf Creek Knives - You have my attention with the phrase you use in your post - "wood turners club discount". What is that and how can I get a piece of that action?

There was a thread a bit ago that talked about this. If you belong to a local turner/woodworkers club PSI does offer discounts of 10% on everything, even if it's on sale. I think it's through the AAW but I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find the thread and PM you with the info.

Top Bottom