Shop Time!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Humongous

Humongous

We finally have some cooler weather here in the northeast. My shop (AKA garage) is not air conditioned and it was just too hot and humid to spend any time working out there. I spent the time perusing the different lumber suppliers and found some exotics that I have not used. Decided to try them on some single wood pens to see how they turn, finish etc... This way I can formulate some design ideas based on the workability of the different species.

This is a piece of Bloodwood on a Woodcraft Tenacious / Berea Blade with a CA finish. I really like this kit as it is nice for showcasing a large blank, the Schmidt clicker is a bonus. The Bloodwood turns easily and takes a nice finish. One down. Thanks for looking, comments and critique welcome.

20210901_204002.jpg

20210901_203920.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Very nice. I bought a bunch of these when Woodpeckers was clearancing them out, but I've yet to make one. I really like the bloodwood.

magpens

Very nice pen !!!!

I am also a fan of single barrels, especially if the barrel is long as for the Blade/Tenacious ... and the pen includes the Schmidt SKM-88 clicker.

Top Bottom