Shipping Your Superbowl Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
or most anything else for that matter.....

There is a new tutorial in the IAP Library:
Shipping With Paypal

When the USPS raised prices on Jan 17, they also eliminated the Commercial Base Pricing (CBP) discount that was available to users of their Click N Ship web site. You can still get that discount without having to pay extra fees by using your personal PayPal account; however, the PayPal shipping site is not particularly intuitive.

I hope this tutorial will help some folks get over the learning curve of using PayPal Shipping.

Please let me know if you have any questions about using PayPal Shipping or if you have any suggestions for improving this tutorial.

Edgar

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This year I've shipped all the US mugs with the PayPal service, and Edgar's instructions are perfect.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Some PayPal Shipping Hints

Here's a few hints that might be helpful when using PayPal MultiOrder Shipping:

Importing Rules
There are some formatting rules when you import a csv file that are not documented on the PayPal site (as far as I can tell). For instance:

• The total combined characters for BOTH lines of the street address cannot exceed 40 characters
  • If you import an insurance value, it must be a whole number without a dollar sign
If your csv file has any of these errors (or any others for that matter), they will be flagged and there will be a dialog box to explain the problem. It's just faster & less frustrating if you know to avoid them in advance.

Address Book
Even though PayPal Shipping does not have an address book feature, there is a simple way to create your own.

When you are preparing a shipment, even for a single package, use a csv file rather than entering the information manually. Then save that csv file in a folder for this purpose with the recipient's name such as JohnDoe.csv & import it to make your shipment. Then the next time you need to ship a package to that same person, you can simply import that same csv file again.

Top Bottom