Shave Brushes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

Last week I ordered a few badger shave brushes from Anthony and had a couple of hours to turn them this morning. The first on the left is Violet and Teal Box Elder Burl, the middle one is an acrylic bottle stopper blank and the third is Blue Dyed Maple all from AS.

20061010163110_100_1026.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GBusardo

Lance,
Really nice work! I would assume they are turned similarly to a bottle stopper. I am going to try them real soon. My eyes are drawn the center one also, but I got a feeling, that if I were to see them live, I might like the elder burl best. Assuming they are going to get wet, what did you finish the wooden ones with?
Thanks

LanceD

Originally posted by GBusardo
<br />Lance,
Really nice work! I would assume they are turned similarly to a bottle stopper. I am going to try them real soon. My eyes are drawn the center one also, but I got a feeling, that if I were to see them live, I might like the elder burl best. Assuming they are going to get wet, what did you finish the wooden ones with?
Thanks

Gary, BB has some real nice looking acrylic bottle stopper blanks from Berea that's a perfect size for these brushes. I really liked the violet and teal so I decided to throw away my old brush and will keep that one for myself. The wooden ones are stabilized so wetting them will be no problem. I sanded to 800 grit and polished on my three buff system.

its_virgil

Anthony Turchetta, aka Penchetta, PenWorks...from Cave Creek, AZ. He posts here lots...may even have the highest post count. If he isn't playing golf he may even see your question...[:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Skye
<br />Ok, I'll ask. Who is Anthony?

LanceD

Thanks Chuck. Anthony is "PenWorks" on the IAP. Here's the link to his brush heads. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17754

PenWorks

Originally posted by ozmandus
<br />I'm new so the reference to Anthony doesn't mean anything to me yet... who is he and where would I get the brushes?[:)]

Here is a clue.........[:)] Follow the link..........

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17754

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom