Shark attack !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I was tasked by a friends wife to make a pen for my friend's graduation. Since they will be moving to Florida, she wanted it to have something "Florida" themed in it. I like to be a bit abstract in my themes, so I chose to use blanks in the colors of Florida (google told me the state colors were red and orange), which I poured. I made an overlay from argentium, and decided to put a shark on it, because Florida =sharks, right? I made the background a stylized coral frond motif, and mirrored that in the clip. The nose cone of the pen is argentium as well. It uses a pilot g2 refill. Over all length is about 5", and barrel is about a half inch diameter with double start cap threads.
2F6B2D88-7F9D-4709-9803-7E24C786578A.jpeg
D67E623B-4E83-45D6-9DE6-76E93D679190.jpeg
CC11D38A-E1E8-46B2-939F-BA05B81830D3.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

I was tasked by a friends wife to make a pen for my friend's graduation. Since they will be moving to Florida, she wanted it to have something "Florida" themed in it. I like to be a bit abstract in my themes, so I chose to use blanks in the colors of Florida (google told me the state colors were red and orange), which I poured. I made an overlay from argentium, and decided to put a shark on it, because Florida =sharks, right? I made the background a stylized coral frond motif, and mirrored that in the clip. The nose cone of the pen is argentium as well. It uses a pilot g2 refill. Over all length is about 5", and barrel is about a half inch diameter with double start cap threads. View attachment 309158View attachment 309159View attachment 309160
very cool!

EricRN

That's pretty awesome, John. How did you sculpt the shark? Did you sculpt it out of wax to create the mold.

jalbert

That's pretty awesome, John. How did you sculpt the shark? Did you sculpt it out of wax to create the mold.
Yeah, I did. Started out as a wax tube, and then carved the shape out and thinned out the background to give it some relief and depth.

Top Bottom