Shaped bottle stoppers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Goat

Old Goat

I've found people really like the shaped bottle stoppers. Snowman is poplar and mahogany, barrel is walnut, pawn is poplar, mushroom is walnut, apple is mahogany w/walnut stem.

Attachments

• 20230128_163812.jpg
    20230128_163812.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 152
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monophoto

Shapes are shapes - some I like, others not so much. Its all a matter of personal taste. All are fun to make. I don't try to sell them, but rather give them away so I really don't care how much work I put into them. Obviously, however, if you are selling them, you want to minimize the effort.

One comment on the apple-shape (far right) - in general, its best that bottle stoppers not have a sharply-pointed top. When you insert a stopper into a bottle, you generally press it down using the palm of your hand. If the top of the stopper has a sharp point, OUCH.

Shapes are shapes - some I like, others not so much. Its all a matter of personal taste. All are fun to make. I don't try to sell them, but rather give them away so I really don't care how much work I put into them. Obviously, however, if you are selling them, you want to minimize the effort.

One comment on the apple-shape (far right) - in general, its best that bottle stoppers not have a sharply-pointed top. When you insert a stopper into a bottle, you generally press it down using the palm of your hand. If the top of the stopper has a sharp point, OUCH.
You beat me to the comment about the tops of BS's.... I don't put anything at the top that can cause the ouch.

Old Goat

You beat me to the comment about the tops of BS's.... I don't put anything at the top that can cause the ouch.
Thanks for the tip (pun intended-lol). I actually do not drink so I would have never picked up on that. I guess people like them for the novelty, but I put them out and they go. I'm also not high priced as I am just looking to pay off the cost of the kits and wood so I can do more, not really for the profit. Keeping happy in my workshop and out of the fridge is profit enough for.

HawksFeather

I always enjoyed turning bottle stoppers, but when my wife and I quit doing craft shows I lost my places to sell. When I make one now I spend way too much time on it and then give it to friends. I am glad that you are enjoying making them and also have a place to sell them.

Top Bottom