Sewing Table

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

This was a Christmas gift for my Mother in Law. It is made from cherry, maple and cherry plywood and finished with a mix of tung oil, blo and poly.

I used the Wood magazine plans, but made some changes. The plans called for plywood flat panel doors but I made solid wood raised panel doors. The plans called for some chunky square feet that I didn't like so I made the ogee feet. Lastly the plans called for plywood drawers but I made the cherry/maple drawers with dovetail joints.

There were a lot of firsts here for me and I learned a lot. Mostly I learned to start a project earlier! It got pretty stressful towards the end, knowing that no-one was going to move Christmas just because I was running behind.

DSCN1967.jpg

DSCN1968.jpg

DSCN1973.jpg

DSCN1975.jpg

DSCN1987.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jhs494

Just outstanding!!
I am sure your MIL is very happy and you will be the favorite son in law for a long long time..:D

Tea Clipper

Wow![:0] That is absolutely fantastic! You've done an excellent job and I'm sure your MIL will be very happy with her new cabinet. You've inspired me to look around for plans so that maybe one day (ha!) I might make one too (you can never have too many plans though, right?;) ). It looks like Rockler is the only place to get the lift, is that right?. I also like the modifications you've done as well. Super job!!!

VisExp

Originally posted by Tea Clipper

Wow![:0] That is absolutely fantastic! You've done an excellent job and I'm sure your MIL will be very happy with her new cabinet. You've inspired me to look around for plans so that maybe one day (ha!) I might make one too (you can never have too many plans though, right?;) ). It looks like Rockler is the only place to get the lift, is that right?. I also like the modifications you've done as well. Super job!!!

Thanks for all the compliments. I have been told often that I am the favorite son-in-law. However competition in this area is not that steep as I married their only daughter :D I'm very fortunate to have some wonderful in-laws!

TeaClipper I got the plans, hardware and lift from Rockler. The plans are from an old Wood Magazine. They were very good. Well written and easy to follow.

Top Bottom