Setting Up A Poll

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Everybody!

The Ugly Pen Contest is moving right along! As of this Saturday, the entry phase will be over. Then I need to wet up a poll for voting. That's why I'm asking for help.

I will have the name of the pen and photos for each that I can use for the poll. Should I just pick one photo to represent the pen, or try to use all pictures submitted?

I am torn between having the results of the poll show or not. For the most part I like to keep the Ugly Pen Contest very "open". I like people seeing who is entering, and have the opportunity to voice an opinion on the entry. It's part of the fun of the contest. Because of that I kind of like the idea of showing the results of the poll because it may generate some interest and comments, much like a good horse race. On the other hand this can skew the results as people tend to vote less for something they know is not even in the running. What are your thoughts?

I would like to set up the poll someplace, like here, where I can test it and get it ready, and then "move" it to the Bash forum. Will that be difficult? Any help in doing this would be welcome.

Thanks!

Scott.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You could certainly do it here and let us vote to test it out. Then, when you are ready to "go live" I can go in and change the votes back to zero and move it for you. Personally, I think a poll should be hidden until the voting is over for just the reason you state above. Makes it more fair, IMO.

TomW

Good idea. I'll do the same when it gets time to do the best library article poll. I like private results too.

Top Bottom