Serving tray

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dusty

Dusty

Here is a picture of a serving tray that I just finished. It is walnut, cherry and birch. It was a fun project putting all these pieces together.

Attachments

• Serving Tray 002.jpg
    Serving Tray 002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 281
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bdonald

Looks awesome! I've wanted to make one of these ever since I watched David Marks make on on his show, just always found reasons not to. Seeing a mere human make on makes me think I can do it now :) Thanks!

Dusty

Steve the bottom is set in a mortise cut on a 15° angle about 1/8" up from the bottom edge. The pieces are solid , about 3/8" thick.
Bad thing is now I have orders for three more for Christmas gifts. Better get busy.
Chuck

Last edited:

VisExp

That's beautiful Chuck! I just saw that in one of my woodworking magazines, I forget which one. Is that where you got the plans? If so, you move fast!! I only got the magazine last week I think.

Dusty

No Keith, I didn't use any plans. I saw a picture of one somewhere and just winged it , I made a miter jig for the table saw to cut the pieces and went form there after a few trial sizes and a slight adjustment of the angle. It is a great way to use up small scrap pieces that we accumulate in the shop. Thanks for the comments.
Chuck

nava1uni

That is really neat. It looks so 3 dimensional. It is really beautiful and I am also amazed that it could be made by someone. I think I need to get a table saw. I keep seeing all kinds of segmented pens, etc here and they all require a TB.

byounghusband

Dusty,
That is a COOL tray!! I like it and have though about it for awhile. you are a better man than I, 'cause I can't quite figure it out....

Keith,
Did you ever figure out which mag you saw a similar pattern in?

Top Bottom