Serious Problem with Trivia Contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Does anybody else smell a rat or is it just me? Fifteen trivia contests have been decided and no prize has come my way. This flat out amazes me! According to my records, meticulously kept, I have answered nine trivia questions (eight of them on time), three answers have been correct, and I was within 20% on that board foot/blank calculation thing which ought to have been good enough. The wife thinks so, anyway.

In addition to the above - impressive by any standard for someone who just six months ago didn't know the difference between a slimline and a bushing - I've been an IAP member for well over 34 days now, I've allowed GaryMGg to supply me with enough free blanks to build an igloo (freight included but no instructions), I have pert near 100 posts to my credit without yet offering any useful advice (which is just how old Ed started off), and I'm well on my way toward cutting the second of three pieces for my first segmented pen.

Folks, be mindful of these accomplishments while you consider some of the winners from the first 15 contests:

• jthompson1995
  • cowchaser
  • Jarheaded
  • DozerMite
  • DCBluesman
  • arioux
  • Scotto51
DCBluesman??? A winner???? Something obviously is not right. I suspect there are others among you who find it hard to fathom this seeming endless progression of days without their names being added to the winners' list. On your behalf, and for the sake of all mankind, I intend to get to the bottom of this. Triviameisters be warned.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2
I've allowed GaryMGg to supply me with enough free blanks to build an igloo (freight included but no instructions)....
Did I neglect to tell you those voodoo blanks were sent to me as part of the secret handshake to become a member of The IAP Loser's Club?
How forgetful of me. Strangely enough, as those left my possession, an aura came over me and I won the Pen and Penturner's Contest. Coincidence? Methinks not.
MMwahahahahahahaha.
:D:D:D

great12b4ever

Michael,

I guess you ar just like me, UNLUCKY. I have yet to win anything and am definetly a big candidate for the ALL-TIME LOSERS CLUB, probably a charter member!! I wonder what it would be like to be lucky? I know some are, heck, there is one that has already won TWICE!!

I just hope the ultimate losers club loser (can't be a winner and be a member of the loser's club) will get the chance to lose something real nice

THarvey

I am in the same boat. I have sent in the correct answer 14 of the first 15 days and not won. :(

I don't think you have to wait a week to win the second time. You just have to win the first time. :D One winner has one twice, two days apart.[:p]

Look at the bright side... Some people are born lucky. Others are born rich. But few are born as good looking as we are. [:eek:)]

Originally posted by THarvey

Look at the bright side... Some people are born lucky. Others are born rich. But few are born as good looking as we are. [:eek:)]

Which one is this? Lucky, rich or a good lookin' loser?

2008116212536_Eds_Mug.jpg

great12b4ever

Michael, can't see the picture but since you are not lucky, and probably not rich, I guess you would have to bea ... loser (can't say good-looking as I reserve that for the females only). I would show you a picture, but my chrome dome ALWAYS blurs the cameras focus and destroys the photos. Let's just say that I probably look a little bit better than Frankenstein and the Hulk, at least after I am fully awake, but with a body more like Jackie Gleason, but with a WHITE Goatee. ;)

great12b4ever

Now the picture shows up. Hey I have printed that photo and have it in the garden keeping the rodents and birds away, works real well too. Also keeps all the n eighbors out

LOL

THarvey

Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

Which one is this? Lucky, rich or a good lookin' loser?

2008116212536_Eds_Mug.jpg

A little of the first and a lot of the second. I will let PRPrincess decide the third.[:0]

Daniel

Truth be known there really are no prizes. All announced whiners, I mean winners are fictitious. If the prize donators got together thay would find that all the addresses are mine.

Jarheaded

I'll plead the fifth. How did my name get into this anyways? I sit here quiet and polite and never say a sarcastic thing to anyone. Oh wait, This isn't the liars contest. Sorry wrong place....[}:)]
Hahahaha, Sincerely, Johnnie

TBone

Originally posted by DCBluesman

Hey! How did I get dragged into this thread? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn ONCE in a while. [8D]

I beg your pardon. I'm just as blind and squirrelly as anyone else and I haven't won. And for you new guys, you're still rookies. This is my second year of losing like this. [8D]

fiferb

Hey, I lost so bad last year I volunteered to ask questions this year. At least this way I know the answers! Um, Ok, I've had to ask a couple people the answers, but at least I know the question.:)

NavyDiver

Originally posted by TBone

Originally posted by DCBluesman

Hey! How did I get dragged into this thread? Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn ONCE in a while. [8D]

I beg your pardon. I'm just as blind and squirrelly as anyone else and I haven't won. And for you new guys, you're still rookies. This is my second year of losing like this. [8D]

Yeah, but you're a Duke fan. You should be used to losing [}:)].

Rob

Well gang, I would be lucky fellow that won a trivia question twice this past week. Now that said, I'm afraid that I must now tender my resignation as a member of the IAP Losers Club. Seems as though last year I couldn't have cheated and won, but now...woohoo!!! [:p] Looking forward to the rest of the month and tonight...Mega Millions lottery just might have my name on it since my luck has changed. Thanks to everyone that participates in the IAP...and donate to Jeff to help keep us up and running.

regards, Rob
(ex-IAP Loser)[}:)]

This is what I'm talking about!!! The man wins two trivia contests in one week, he sees a Mega Millions jackpot in his foreseeable future and he treats it like just another day at the office.

I, on the other hand, started my day by stepping out of bed directly into a cold puddle left good-naturedly several hours prior by our incontinent mutt. And, it went downhill from there. When my laptop chimed to let me know that an email had arrived with news of Rob's post to this thread, I was in the process of foraging for lunch. My expectations always are high, as I have a talent for layering country ham, smoked turkey, a smattering of thinly sliced onions, provolone cheese and mayonnaise on a fresh baguette. Today, however, the ham was AWOL, the turkey rancid and the cheese had scary spots o' green leaving me with but onion, mayonnaise and bread. Anyone care to smell my breath?

I believe in good clean living, karma, and the existence of a greater power, but they appear to be on Rob's payroll this week.

wudnhed

I am officially announcing my candidacy for President of the IAP Losers Club.

Oh No, Uh Uh...... this is me!!!!!!!!!! I have been playing the game for 2 1/2 weeks hoping to win. Someone reminded me I was on the planning committee and had access to all the questions AND answers. They asked me kindly to quit playing[:0] Yeah, there is some air between the ears BUT I wasn't alone, LOL!!! I guess there is always next year:D[:p]:D

DocStram

The Trivia Contest offers all of us a unique opportunity to reflect on our lives and our personal philosophies. Maybe we should turn off our lathes for a couple of hours and read a little Maslow. What I'm trying to say is this ... the Trivia Contest is NOT about winning one of those materialistic prizes. The real winners are the losers .... those who value inner-peace and one's hierarchy of needs. Anotherwords ... becoming members of the IAP Loser's Club. Now THAT .. is personal satisfaction. Welcome aboard, Losers!! :D:D

Top Bottom