September meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Folks,
I posted details about our next meeting in the "sticky" thread at the top of the local forum. If you are on my email list you should have received an email from me. If you did not, then pm me here so I can get you added to the list.

Saturday, September 17 at the Rosewood Archery Shop (www.rosewoodarchery.com) at Exit 58 on I-44 about 19 miles west of Springfield.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Here are the details. Look forward to seeing you on the 17th.

Hello everyone,
Our meeting is set for Saturday, September 17 at the Rosewood Archery Shop at the Halltown exit (58) off of I-44. Exit 58 is about 19 miles west of Springfield. When you take the exit turn right on MO State Hwy O. The shop has a sign identifying it. Located directly past a small motel type building.

Our hosts (Mike Pyeatt and wife) have offered to flip burgers for lunch. So, I will need an accurate count for lunch. If you have told me you are coming I have you down. If you have not let me know then I need to hear from you. Please bring a two liter soft drink to share. I will make sure we have cups, plates, ice, and chips. While Mike has offered to do lunch I think we should be prepared to throw some dollars into the hat as a thank you to help offset the costs. There is no set fee for the meeting because we do not have to pay rent for a meeting place.

We will do a pen blank swap (bring two and receive two). We will also have door prizes. If anyone would like to contribute anything for a door prize please let me know. Please bring some completed pens (or other things you have turned) for the display table. Everyone enjoys seeing samples of other folks work. We will also have a limited number of 6ft. tables to use for selling and or trading/bartering stuff. If you will need a table please let me know.

We also need a couple of persons to do a short demo of some skill or project. You don't have to be an expert. Just show us how you do it. We all can pick up hints from seeing how others approach turning and finishing. Larry Randolph will do a demo or two but we need a couple more. Email me.

The meeting will start at 10:00 AM, break for lunch, and finish about 2:30ish. Come for all or part depending on your schedule. This is a wood shop not a conference room. BRING A LAWN CHAIR! We will meet in the shop area. Dress comfortably. The shop portion is not air conditioned. But, you will be so busy looking at all the beautiful exotic wood that you will forget that! Nice fans will keep it comfortable.

If you need more information just send me a pm or ask here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom