Segmented Cookie jar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dbriski

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbriski

This is my first segmented bowl/box type turning. It was supposed to be a present for christmas, but I finally got it done for Valentines day, and just now finally got pictures.

Segments of Maple, Walnut, Cherry and Purple heart.

I made a few mistakes, I swiched one set of rings and misaligned a few, but my wife loves it.

200744164221_cookie-jar-segmented.jpg

200744164232_cookie-jar-segmented-open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

David,
Wat are the dimensions of that Cookie Jar? I like it and might like to do something similar. I have a few boards of Purpleheart, Walnut and Brazilian Cherry waiting for something to do.....[:eek:)]

Edited because I have Fat-Fingers!!!![B)]

dbriski

I don't recall the exact dimentions, but it barely fit only my Rikon. I think its about 10" diameter, and about 1' tall. Here are the specs on it http://www.briskibusiness.com/CookieJarSegCalc2.pdf I just used this as a rough guide to work from.

dbriski

I just used the demo version of Segment Project Planner I think is what it was called. It was ok, no sure if I want to get that one or not. The design/shaping part was a bit off, so I had to go through and change a lot of the numbers they came up with to more of what I liked and more similar numbers to reduce the different types of segments I had to cut. It was easier than doing it by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom