Segmented Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jeff J.

Jeff J.

Segmented bowl, 9 3/4" diameter by 6 1/4" tall. 865 pieces total, including Wenge, Maple, Yellowheart, Bloodwood, Sapele, Cherry, and Paduak.
IMG_1330-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mighty nice. I love the choice of timbers, the precision of the segmenting and the design - basically everything šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£! Thanks for sharing.

Jeff, that's just excellent. Really like the form. Great lines and the contrasting woods are super good choices.
Aren't segmented bowls just the nuts? When you (finally) get to turning, it's all side grain and the shavings just stream off the bowl in looong curlies.

jttheclockman

Always admired people who do that kind of work. Nice pattern and choice of woods. Can I ask what glue did you use to hold together?? Any problems with clamp up. ?? Do you run the layers through a drum sander?? Thanks for showing.

Jeff J.

Always admired people who do that kind of work. Nice pattern and choice of woods. Can I ask what glue did you use to hold together?? Any problems with clamp up. ?? Do you run the layers through a drum sander?? Thanks for showing.
I usually just use titebond 2 for gluing. Just made the individual rings and used the dum sander. I actually made the rings out of 3/4 thick stock and split the rings with the tablesaw to get two bowls.

Top Bottom