See I do still turn pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Wow it's been a while since I posted any pictures of pens, been too busy with tools, but these prove the tools work :biggrin: the first one is a rather nicely figured piece of Honduras Rosewood Burl courtesy of "johnm" John Gerst, who always has some great wood, on a Jr Statesman Fountain pen, finished with 6 coats thin CA and 4 coats of Medium CA, Next is one of Exotic Blanks beautiful hand crafted castings Ancient Mars on one of their Triton Rollerball kits, Nice kits, by the way.

Attachments

• HRB-Statesman-Fountain.jpg
    HRB-Statesman-Fountain.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 393
  • Aincent-Mars-Triton-1.jpg
    Aincent-Mars-Triton-1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 335
  • Aincent-Mars-Triton-2.jpg
    Aincent-Mars-Triton-2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 351
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

You did it! Those are beautiful pens you created. Now that you have shown those pieces of art, tell us, really, what did you use to turn them? Skew or gouge? Surely you did not use one of those nasty WoodChuck Pros did you? I still love my WoodChuck, Ken. Thanks for the wonderful tool and for sharing your pens with us.
Charles

wizard

Beautiful pens!! I'm really partial to Dawn's Ancient Mars blanks and you did a gorgeous job with it. Great combination of kits and blanks! Regards, Doc

BamaYank

Nice Pens

Hey Ken,
Maybe you could bring a few of those to our April meeting at Steve's place for our next TN, N.-AL Chapter meeting on the 16th?? Anyway from the photo's those "Bad Boys" look really nice and also a Great job by you in displaying them! Hope to see you on the 16th?

The BamaYank (aka Doug Hamblin)
Bridgeport, AL

bitshird

You did it! Those are beautiful pens you created. Now that you have shown those pieces of art, tell us, really, what did you use to turn them? Skew or gouge? Surely you did not use one of those nasty WoodChuck Pros did you? I still love my WoodChuck, Ken. Thanks for the wonderful tool and for sharing your pens with us.
Charles
Well there was this weird thing with a sharp piece of carbide in it so I figured hey why not, I've been hearing for the longest time that the tool was great, looks like all those folks were right

Nice pens....we thought you could not find a tool to turn with!
I had to make one ..... Actually I did have to put a new insert in I just made a 17 inch handle for some guy that take photos?? out of Wenge, and about 20 more this week so Andrew let me have a fresh insert,[size=-5] or I would have hidden all the sharp end mills[/size]

moke

I can hardly wait....if you use the tool though, you have to sign it!!! Hope your shoulder is doing better. Good looking pens.

Top Bottom