Second solo practice pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

This was the second attempt by myself. I got through the first one by myself a couple of days ago, it's a bit wabi sabi, and I spent the day feeling somewhat overwhelmed, but the next day I got out and started another one with notes in my head and things went SO much better. Keep in mind still no bells and whistles, still very simple. I do wish I would have put a chamfer on the lip of the cap though. I could sand it down and do that, but nah, I'll just be sure to do it next time. The blank is from the lot of practice blanks I bought, turned out better than I thought with a bit of polish.

IMG_2047.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

I think on #3 you can omit the word "practice". I like a chamfer better than a relief cut behind the barrel threads. No relief cut looks so much better. You can still do it with a deburring tool or an exacto knife.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Hippie3180

I like the blank and the simple shape. What happend with the screw thread? It looks flat.
I actually think I was off when I started my die a bit, but it worked out that it allowed my cap to overhang just a little. Everyone works fine and some put a relief there to actually give overhang for the cap.

Top Bottom