second offering from a novice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimr

A sort of pen and letter opener set. The opener kits I ordered did not provide for a handle that was long enough. What I figured out was to cut a longer blank, drill from both ends and use a short piece of tube in the cap end. The drilling from both ends is not perfect but since there is only a button on the cap end it does not matter. These are yellowheart and wire burns.

Image Insert:
200442120759_opener.jpg

52.24KB

Daniel

Your nivice status is becomeign very faint. Nice design and I like the combination of gold withthe wood color. I had to show these to my son as yellow heart became his favorite wood to turn when he was helping make the freedo pens.

Scott

Hi Jim,

Very nice design! I like the combination of subdued shape, beads, and the wire burns. And I like that they're different from each other, but you know instantly that they are a set. That is a really nice design feature! How are you making your beads?

Scott.

jimr

Thanks for the comments. On the beads, Scott, I use the tip of a skew to get a cut then round the shoulders with the skew horizontally. Also I have a 1/8" parting tool with a point on each side and that makes a nice bead. Most of the time I have a problem getting identical beads, width wise and depth. The wire burn helps hide little boo-boos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom