Seasonal Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kcimdrib

Makes a change from Pen Turning and they are seasonal. Puchased a Mandrel and found some scraps of wood and I'm quite pleased. I have never made this type before,. some years ago I made some with cork stoppers and I think these are better.
Please feel free to comment

Attachments

• IMG20231023125442.jpg
    IMG20231023125442.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 60
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

derekdd

Those look good to me. Well done.

I recently bought the tools and kits to turn some of these.

I plan on making some for a December show.

bugradx2

I love turning stoppers, gives you a chance to really get creative in a different way/method than you can with pens.

BULLWINKLE

Makes a change from Pen Turning and they are seasonal. Puchased a Mandrel and found some scraps of wood and I'm quite pleased. I have never made this type before,. some years ago I made some with cork stoppers and I think these are better.
Please feel free to comment
Nice work ! I've made quite a few.
A few years back, PSI and a few others, started selling threaded inserts. Drill 1/2" hole in blank deep enough to epoxy the insert in flush to the blank. When it cures, thread it on the mandrel. Easy as can be and the turning can be unscrewed to allow for washing the metal portion of the stopper.

Kcimdrib

Nice work ! I've made quite a few.
A few years back, PSI and a few others, started selling threaded inserts. Drill 1/2" hole in blank deep enough to epoxy the insert in flush to the blank. When it cures, thread it on the mandrel. Easy as can be and the turning can be unscrewed to allow for washing the metal portion of the stopper.
I have purchased from Prokraft UK a threaded mandrel very simple and inexpensive. The stopper kits come with a thread insert that once you have faced off your blank you drill and screw into the wood no glue. You can also disassemble for washing.
They also have a video on the website showing this.
Thanks for your comments.

Top Bottom