SE MIND BENDER CONTEST RESULTS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here are the final, overall results for the 2016 Summer Extravaganza Contests.

A total of 18 people entered at least one of the contests this year and 3 people entered all 6.

There were 2 people who earned a total of 6 points and 2 who earned a total of 5 points. Those 4 will each win a major prize. After taking them out of consideration for the consolation prizes, I first allocated consolation prizes to those contests where only 1 person remained eligible (there were 2 of those).

After those two rounds of allocations, there was one contest with no one remaining for an individual prize. That left two contests with multiple people eligible for a consolation prize, so those choices were made by random choice (I used random.org and spun the wheel 5 times in each case and took the 5th number to award the prize).

Since that left one individual consolation prize that was now unallocated, I decided that that would be the small bob that I was going to provide and instead, I will upgrade it to an MFRB so we can allocate identical first place awards to the two people who earned 6 points each.

The two people who got 5 points will get the 2nd and 3rd place prizes. I have decided to make those awards on the basis of who got to 5 points first.

SO, given that convoluted logic, here are your 2016 SE Mind Bender Prize Winners:

In First Place, each winning an MFRB of blanks from Edgar (that's me :)) for earning 6 points we have:

Jim Cochrun (Jims Pens) and Jeff Vogan (Skeleton2014)

In Second Place, winning Sierra Pen Kits from mbroberg for getting to 5 points in MB #4, we have:

Robert Holiday (rholiday)

In Third Place, winning Modified Cigar Pen Kits from KenV for getting to 5 points in MB #6, we have:

Warren Welch (Southernclay)

And our 5 consolation prize winners are:

Steve Johnson (SteveJ) --
bob from Glens Pens
Keith Koene (DigBaddy72) -- bob from
Edward Cypher
Cody Walker (cwalker935) --
bob from Papa Turner
Curt Reid (Creid) --
bob from Rounder
Kelly Moore (Krash) --
bob from Karl99

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all members who donated these great prizes to make this contest possible.

Thanks also to everyone who entered these contests. I enjoyed bringing them to you and I hope you enjoyed playing. See you at BASH time next February. :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skeleton2014

After reading your "convoluted logic" about the final results, which was a mind bender in of itself, I can't believe I ended up in first place! Thanks for putting on the contest, Edgar! Not only did it truly stretch (or bend) our minds but, it was a real lesson in using the search features of this website. Thought I was done for when I missed the very first day's contest by not seeing it until 20 minutes after it closed!
Thanks again Edgar... Can't wait til February and your puzzles. Glad we have 4 months to let our minds relax and "unbend".
Jeff (Skeleton2014)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
After reading your "convoluted logic" about the final results, which was a mind bender in of itself, I can't believe I ended up in first place! Thanks for putting on the contest, Edgar! Not only did it truly stretch (or bend) our minds but, it was a real lesson in using the search features of this website. Thought I was done for when I missed the very first day's contest by not seeing it until 20 minutes after it closed!
Thanks again Edgar... Can't wait til February and your puzzles. Glad we have 4 months to let our minds relax and "unbend".
Jeff (Skeleton2014)

My pleasure, Jeff -- and a note to both you and Jim (Jims Pens):

Your box will contain a mix of bowl, stopper & pen blanks. (might even be some Texas woods in there :))

Let me know if you are into stablizing and/or worthless wood casting -- I have some nice spalted pecan that will require stablizing and I have a variety of good worthless wood casting material, but I won't include any of that kind of material unless you can actually use it & want some of that kind of stuff.

Send me your shipping addresses & I'll get your boxes shipped within a couple of weeks.

Edgar

JCochrun

I can't believe this. I actually won. This is awesome. Thank you Edgar for putting this contest together. Congrats to all that won. Can't wait for the next contest.

Jim

Cwalker935

WooHoo! A consolation prize! Thanks Edgar for putting this on. My first time really trying at the puzzles, had a lot fun doing it too! Congratulations to all the winners!

Consolation prize for me too. Thanks Edgar! By the war, you're welcome for all of the devilish pleasure that you get from tormenting us with these contests. Congrats to the winners.

alankulwicki7

Congratulations to all the winners who played but you want to know who the REAL winner is?

It's me. Yes, that's right, it's me: alankulwicki7.

How did I win when I did not play any of the baffling Mind Bender contests you ask?

Well instead of spending half of the day trying to solve these Benders, I spent that time finishing off my basement family room.

So you see, the real winner is ME (because I was able to get one more project of my Honey-Do List)!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations to all the winners who played but you want to know who the REAL winner is?

It's me. Yes, that's right, it's me: alankulwicki7.

How did I win when I did not play any of the baffling Mind Bender contests you ask?

Well instead of spending half of the day trying to solve these Benders, I spent that time finishing off my basement family room.

So you see, the real winner is ME (because I was able to get one more project of my Honey-Do List)!

Congratulations on your big win, Doug.

Sorry, but I'm all out of prizes, and being such a big winner, you don't even qualify for the Loser's Train. tsk! tsk! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom