Scroll Work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Grizz

Banned
I actually love all forms of wood working and wish that was something I could do for most of my day... with an occasional golf outing. [8D]

Here is a sign I made for a friend in the ministry. The group is called, "GAP Ministries." It is about 23" long and about 11" high. Main support is Mahogany (fret work) and the Intarsia top layer is Tiger Striped Maple w/Panga Panga. Background is blue mirror. (for water)

2007122945123_GAP%20Signs.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Nice work Grizz. Have a question or two. The tiger maple, how much did you have to stack cut with the bottom mahagony??? Also is the mirror removable???

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by jttheclockman

Nice work Grizz. Have a question or two. The tiger maple, how much did you have to stack cut with the bottom mahagony??? Also is the mirror removable???

Jt,

I didn't stack cut with the bottom. I cut the Mahogany out first (1" thick) then using the same pattern I made, cut out the Tiger Maple and Panga/Panga.

The mirror is attached to a backer piece and the backer piece is screwed into the main piece. I thought that would be best way to clean the mirror if it ever needed it.

Top Bottom