Scroll saw items

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Alan Morrison

Alan Morrison

I havent shown any scroll saw work for a while. These were done a bit of time ago, but I don't think that I posted them before. On the left is a dried flower vase, Japanese style.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 174
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice work, Alan !!!

So ... question (and anybody can answer !) . . . that saluting hand on the RHS of the pic . . . just curious . . .

What is that salute used for ? ( It's not the two-finger salute for Victory, which uses different fingers. )

Alan Morrison

Very nice work, Alan !!!

So ... question (and anybody can answer !) . . . that saluting hand on the RHS of the pic . . . just curious . . .

What is that salute used for ? ( It's not the two-finger salute for Victory, which uses different fingers. )
Mal, in American Sign Language the sign represents the letters....I L Y....meaning I Love you and the hand is Jesus' hand showing His crucifixion mark. I am a part-time interpreter for deaf people and have made a few of these as gifts.

jttheclockman

Love the work. I am a sucker for this type of woodworking. The fret work and the Intarsia cuttings exemplifies how the scrollsawing artform can paint pictures with the use of woods. Just as segmenting pen blanks and even bowls and other items can in their own artform. Well done. Thanks for showing.

Alan Morrison

Love the work. I am a sucker for this type of woodworking. The fret work and the Intarsia cuttings exemplifies how the scrollsawing artform can paint pictures with the use of woods. Just as segmenting pen blanks and even bowls and other items can in their own artform. Well done. Thanks for showing.
Thanks John. I always look for ways to incorporate scrolling into pen making, though find that its bandsaw or table saw for accuracy. If I had some sort of fence for the scroll saw I may use it more.

jttheclockman

Thanks John. I always look for ways to incorporate scrolling into pen making, though find that its bandsaw or table saw for accuracy. If I had some sort of fence for the scroll saw I may use it more.
Incorporating both artforms can lead to many new and interesting designs. Also taking the scrollsawing and other woodworking talents can lead to some nice pen stands and even pen display boxes.

As far as using a fence with a scrollsaw just doesn't happen because the blades are way too thin and they will wander no matter what you do. This is why you use your hands and eyes to control the cuts. It becomes so natural you do not even know you are doing it. Good luck with both talents.

Top Bottom