Scroll Saw Best of Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Grizz

Grizz

Banned
This here is my, "On The Trail" piece I made the pattern. The frame is Walnut and the piece is cut out of Spanish Cedar. I was excited when I took first place in 'fretwork' at The Heart of Ohio Scrollers Picnic. But I about fell over when I took best of show.

20081275911_On%20The%20Trail%20Dev.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cowchaser

That is certainly a piece of art and you should be proud. I have scroll work a try for about 2 hours on a cheapo scroll saw my dad bought me. Needless to say I just couldn't figure it out. So it sits neatly in the box it came in exactly 1 year ago.

I learn better by someone showing me first hand. Have been that way my whole life. I can't take what someone has written and break it down in my brain for some reason. Guess that is a downside for me since most of woodwork of all types seems you have to learn from a book.

Stevej72

Congratulations on Best of Show! That is a beautiful piece of work. I bought a scroll saw a couple years ago and found out I didn't have the patience for that kind of work.

PenWorks

COngrats, very fine work on the scroll saw. I have one (scroll saw), I use it for a table :D

Is this dejevu or what? What's the chances of having another "Grizz" that does exquisite scroll work? [:0]

Milpaul

Outstanding work [:0] Congratulations on the work and the design. The desgn is key to great work like this. It takes a great eye and imagination which you obviously have.

Dario

Originally posted by PenWorks

Is this dejevu or what? What's the chances of having another "Grizz" that does exquisite scroll work? [:0]

Exactly my first thought.

CONGRATS and it is indeed deserving of the award.

Grizz

Banned
Originally posted by doddman70

Very nice!!!!! did you do some burning on that also?

Shane

No burning at all, in fact I don't even know how to do that...er well, at least not in any artistic fashion.

Everyone, Thank for your encouragement.

Top Bottom