Score

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

I was leaving Sam's club and noticed a crew cutting up a paloverde tree that had been knocked down by the wind. They had just pulled up the stump and root ball and I stopped and asked if I could have it. They loaded it into the SUV for me and I was able to roll it out onto the driveway when I got home. It is still very green. so it will be a while before I can do anything with it. Some years ago I got hold of some palo verde root that was really pretty, so I'm looking forward to opening this up. The trunk is about ten inches in diameter and the root ball is about 15" or so. There is about a foot of trunk on the stump and some nice heartwood in it. Most paloverde doesn't have much color, but this has a dark heartwood about three or four inches across.

I'll post pictures when I open it up.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

I always have visions of a club being some night time dark drinking venue that you stagger out of early in the morning to go home , Sharon ( too many movies !) .

Sounds a great win on your part. Will you paint or wax the trunk end to reduce splitting or is that bit an issue with that timber ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom