Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RGVPens

Who's got the best price on Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 Refills? 10-30 count order.
I got a few a while back and put them in a couple pens...really like the effortless way they write. Is there something that good for Cross refills?
Question for those of you that sell most of your pens. Do you put a Schmidt 9000 in all of your pens? Just your higher priced ones? Just sell them separate, price each?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I wish there was something for the Cross style that wrote that smoothly! If it's out there, I've yet to find it. Ed from Exotic Blanks mentions somewhere why they don't manufacture gel type refills for them. It had something to do with the shape/size of the cartridge. Bottom line: nope.

Selling point: Great for lefties because the ballpoint ink dries faster. šŸ˜

KateHarrow

Who's got the best price on Schmidt EasyFlow 9000 Refills? 10-30 count order.
I got a few a while back and put them in a couple pens...really like the effortless way they write. Is there something that good for Cross refills?
Question for those of you that sell most of your pens. Do you put a Schmidt 9000 in all of your pens? Just your higher priced ones? Just sell them separate, price each?
And to answer the last part of your question, I put the easyflow 9000 in all of my Parker style pens

penicillin

I would like to see Amazon/Lanier offer them without the label.
I am curious to know why.

I have an easyFlow 9000 in a Duraclick EDC pen, bought over Amazon from Lanier Pens. It writes well and works well with the pen mechanism. There is a well-applied, smooth vinyl label wrapped around the refill shaft. The label peels off easily with a fingernail, but leaves a residue. I bet the residue comes off easily with a solvent, but have not tested it.

Frankly, I would leave the label on the refill. It is a quality refill. Both "Schmidt" and "Made in Germany" have their own cachet.

David350

I think Tony was referring to a refill like the Schmidt 9000 that Exotic Blanks sells that has the "label" printed directly onto the pen barrel. You still have all the "cachet", without the potential for the label catching inside the pen...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Schmidt makes the 9000 for ExoticBlanks, with the label printed directly on the tube, because we requested it.
We asked for it because of feedback on IAP. Now, apparently, some of you see no advantage to it.
Baffling!!

What DISadvantage do you perceive??

qquake

I've only had a couple pens where the label was an issue, but can't remember which ones they were. The label caused the refill to jam, and not extend and retract properly. Most of the pens I make, a label on the refill doesn't matter.

TonyL

Schmidt makes the 9000 for ExoticBlanks, with the label printed directly on the tube, because we requested it.
We asked for it because of feedback on IAP. Now, apparently, some of you see no advantage to it.
Baffling!!

I definitely see the value of not have the label..less jamming, especially with some of the clicks.

RGVPens

Baffling!!

I definitely like the "label" printed on the barrel not stuck on! I guess I'm so new that I didn't realize they had stuck-on labels...LOL.
I put in an order today for more black refills and a few in blue, a customer request, also a couple of kits.

David350

Oops, just to clarify I meant "pen refill barrel", where I typed "pen barrel", but I think most understood what I was fumbling to convey...

penicillin

Baffling!!

None, other than a slight difference in cost when purchased in small quantities.

Fine Engineer

I wish there was something for the Cross style that wrote that smoothly! If it's out there, I've yet to find it. Ed from Exotic Blanks mentions somewhere why they don't manufacture gel type refills for them. It had something to do with the shape/size of the cartridge. Bottom line: nope.

Selling point: Great for lefties because the ballpoint ink dries faster. šŸ˜
Have you tried a Fisher refill (you know, the space pen people)? They make a Cross style that is pressurized with nitrogen so it writes on anything, and can write under water and upside down.

I have a regular Fisher Space Pen, and it writes beautifully and reliably.

Jeff

sorcerertd

Have you tried a Fisher refill (you know, the space pen people)? They make a Cross style that is pressurized with nitrogen so it writes on anything, and can write under water and upside down.

I have a regular Fisher Space Pen, and it writes beautifully and reliably.

Jeff

I was not even aware that they made a cross refill. It seems there isn't near as much in in those as the refills for their regular space pen, but it's nice to know that's an option.

Top Bottom