Same service...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
...as usual.

I have an order for a Majestic.

I called PSI last Friday and the package arrived this morning.
This is the same service I always receive from PSI. Why are so many people critical of their service?
I've never had a bad experience using them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

omb76

I always get great service from PSI. I think the problem some have is when placing an order online it takes a little longer to ship. They don't realize that if you need something quickly that you need to call in your order. I did that this past Friday and had my package on Tuesday morning. The service I get is always great and the people are very nice and helpful.

ctubbs

I have very similar results. Use the phone, great results, on line, maybe not as quick, email, for get it. YMMV but that is how it works for me.
Charles

beck3906

I recently placed an order and was told it would ship the next day. It actually shipped nearly a week later and was then caught in transportation delays due to the bad weather.

The order has had 2 follow-up shipments because of back-ordered items. These were sent out with free shipping because of the back-order status.

I'm beginning to think they may be holding up orders to allow the remaining items to arrive to keep from having free shipping for back-orders.

greggas

...as usual.

I have an order for a Majestic.

I called PSI last Friday and the package arrived this morning.
This is the same service I always receive from PSI. Why are so many people critical of their service?
I've never had a bad experience using them.

I agree. I place a dozen or so orders every year with PSI and have never had a problem

Rick_G

When I order from PSI I figure on a 3-4 week delivery. Never failed yet always between 3 and 4 weeks. Canada customs wouldn't have anything to do with that would they?

Texatdurango

... Why are so many people critical of their service?

Probably because their service is so sporadic! Until now I have never had a reason to complain so I am not one of the usual "bash PSI" folks. BUT that has changed......Here are the details of a recent (current) order, you decide if you would be a little upset or still think they are a super outfit to do business with!

I recently ordered some shop vac hoses and fittings and here are the details:

:) Placed order over the phone on the morning of Feb 10

:confused: Didn't hear anything from them for a few days, no email order verification, no tracking number, nothing, so I called on the 15th and they assured me the order would ship out the next day, the 16th with an estimated delivery of the 21st.

:mad: Here we are, the morning of the 24th and no packages in sight. so I call again and spoke with a woman who acted like she didn't have a clue as to why the package was delayed... or even cared, but she did give me a UPS tracking number and insisted that it had been shipped.

:at-wits-end: Checking the UPS website, I find that the package wasn't shipped until the 22nd and delivery isn't expected until Feb 28 - March 3!

I think THIS is the sort of crap people complain about...... wouldn't YOU?

omb76

Probably because their service is so sporadic! Until now I have never had a reason to complain so I am not one of the usual "bash PSI" folks. BUT that has changed......Here are the details of a recent (current) order, you decide if you would be a little upset or still think they are a super outfit to do business with!

:confused: Didn't hear anything from them for a few days, no email order verification, no tracking number, nothing, so I called on the 15th and they assured me the order would ship out the next day, the 16th with an estimated delivery of the 21st.

:mad: Here we are, the morning of the 24th and no packages in sight. so I call again and spoke with a woman who acted like she didn't have a clue as to why the package was delayed... or even cared, but she did give me a UPS tracking number and insisted that it had been shipped.

:at-wits-end: Checking the UPS website, I find that the package wasn't shipped until the 22nd and delivery isn't expected until Feb 28 - March 3!

Deep breath...go to your happy place! :) I think every vendor will have a screw up every now and then. It just happens, and it does suck when it happens to you. I'm currently caught in a jam right now because I got a rush order for $300 worth of pens and I have to deliver them tomorrow, but an order I placed last Friday won't be here until tomorrow which of course contains the blanks that I need. This vendor has always been awesome to work with, but this time I got caught short. It happens. I will continue to buy from them because they didn't intentionally set out to make things difficult for me. BTW one of the 3 orders I placed for this sale was from PSI and it was the first one that I got. We shouldn't bash a vendor the first time we have a bad experience if all the previous ones have been good.

Texatdurango

..... We shouldn't bash a vendor the first time we have a bad experience if all the previous ones have been good.

Actually I wasn't bashing them, not that I need to be told what to do, I was simply sharing an example in answering dozermite's question, which was.... "Why are so many people critical of their service?"

But now that you brought it up, based on the numerous threads that keep popping up about this same company, I'm not the only unhappy camper and all is not peaches and cream in Mayberry as some would indicate!

And lastly, who said this was my first bad experience? Some were good, some were not so good but tolerable. I just look at it as my worst so far!

Gregf

I've seen some differences in how long it takes them to ship an order.
I wouldn't be suprised if they have been updating their systems in the past few months and have had some of the normal problems.

I ordered this past Sunday, it shipped on Monday.

omb76

Sorry to offend George. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth, I just assumed that when you said "Until now I have never had a reason to complain" that you had not had a bad experience with PSI. Didn't mean to rock a boat here..

Texatdurango

Sorry to offend George. Didn't mean to put words in your mouth, I just assumed that when you said "Until now I have never had a reason to complain" that you had not had a bad experience with PSI. Didn't mean to rock a boat here..

No problem, I was just in a bad mood this morning. I had not gotten off the phone with PSI 30 minutes before I sat down to read the forum posts.

I've had minor inconveniences with PSI before but never anything earth shaking enough to cause me any grief. What gets me upset now is that my shop is starting to take shape but I have hoses and fittings all over and can't hook anything up until my parts come in. It's just aggravating having to wait three weeks for my order.

DozerMite

Banned

Sorry about your bad experience George.

I've been ordering from them for something like 6 years and have never had a problem. I don't order as much as I used to but, have always received my order within 3-4 days. Maybe I'm just one of the fortunate ones?

I too would be upset if I had to deal with something like you are going through. I hope you get your package.

corian king

I have placed many orders with psi.some bad some good.but the last couple have been bad.I placed an order the end of last week and received it today.When I order from them I always order things that I really don't need but when you have to pay a base shipping price of 7.50 I try to get my moneys worth.That being said the main item I wanted was not in the box.On the paperwork it had been marked through.They did'nt bother to tell me they did'nt have it when I ordered it.Now when I go look at the site it is no longer listed anywhere so I guess they don't carry it anymore.They should have at least informed me of this when I placed the order.I am going to call them tomorrow and let them know how I feel.and now I am done with them.I don't need the hassel.
JIM

Top Bottom