Same Fordite casting, Holly finials ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

The other half of the same cast Fordite blank, this one with Holly finials. To me it seems like a better casting (meaning, more exciting Fordite visible), but I overall I prefer the contrast with the ABW.

It's a matter of taste, I suppose - if this one doesn't sell as is, I can dismantle the parts and switch to different furniture.
Ornament - Kenworth - 1.jpg
Ornament - Kenworth - 2.jpg
Ornament - Kenworth - 3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WarEagle90

Well done once again, Duncan. What a stunning ornament. Although both of the ornaments you have shown are absolutely beautiful, I do tend to agree with you that the fordite exposure in this one has more appeal to me but the ABW provides better contrast. I hope you continue to make more of these. Thanks for sharing.

duncsuss

Well done once again, Duncan. What a stunning ornament. Although both of the ornaments you have shown are absolutely beautiful, I do tend to agree with you that the fordite exposure in this one has more appeal to me but the ABW provides better contrast. I hope you continue to make more of these. Thanks for sharing.
Dan, thanks again. This one is about 1-5/8" at the equator, the finials are shorter than the ABW, about 3-14" tip-to-tip.

There's a chance I can dismantle this one and refit it - the parts are connected through the middle using a bamboo skewer, neither finial is glued directly to the globe so some gentle twisting might break the CA connection at one end. I'd prefer not to break the finial though, so if it doesn't feel right I ain't gonna force it.

duncsuss

Very exquisite! Your matching of globe and finial colors are good.
Thanks - my tastes are fairly simple. These days, like Coco Chanel I believe a little black dress suits almost every occasion, and white is just as suitable.

It avoids some of the glaring clashes I made before adopting the "K.I.S.S" principle :D

Top Bottom