Sad day in the household today.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Just got home from the vet's... we had to put our Maggie Mae down today... she had developed a cancerous growth on the hind leg that was the size of a good sized orange... even he foot was swollen and puffy. Plus I could feel a growth on her tummy about the size of a golf ball and a couple on her back not quite that large.

She's been with us for about 15 years, spending most of her nights outside protecting us from critters. About the only times she wanted in the house was when it was thundering a bit outside or the neighbor (we call him Andy Oakley) has his guns out and was target shooting in his back yard.
DSC_0004.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

So sorry to hear about this, Chuck !! . šŸ˜­šŸ˜°

I know the feeling .... have been through it also.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm sorry to hear this too Chuck. That's one of the worst things in life to have to deal with. I hope you're doing well.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My respects. Both of our 4 legged family had cancer. A very hard decision, but in the end we didn't want them to suffer. I do feel for you and your wife.

Thanks everyone, she was a great little dog, friendly and loving. She never met a stranger that she didn't like. When Dianne had her hip replacement, Maggie did come in and laid on the sofa with her head in Dianne's lap... I think she had just reached a point where it was too hard for her to go on.
we appreciate all the sympathetic comments... we will definitely miss her.

zorkman

Just got home from the vet's... we had to put our Maggie Mae down today... she had developed a cancerous growth on the hind leg that was the size of a good sized orange... even he foot was swollen and puffy. Plus I could feel a growth on her tummy about the size of a golf ball and a couple on her back not quite that large.

She's been with us for about 15 years, spending most of her nights outside protecting us from critters. About the only times she wanted in the house was when it was thundering a bit outside or the neighbor (we call him Andy Oakley) has his guns out and was target shooting in his back yard.
View attachment 309607
Very sorry to hear about Maggie Mae. A couple of years ago we lost our dear friend and I know the sadness that follows. We just try to remember all the good times and joy he brought to us.

howsitwork

Chuck

very sorry to hear of your loss. Happened to us too just before Christmas and we had 4 months dog less. Maggie had a good life with you and lots of happy memories no doubt.

We got a rescue dog 11 weeks back and she's fallen on all 4 paws as I keep telling her !FC6C7B15-FDFD-4D40-A844-E1CEE2499F11.jpeg The love is unconditional both ways , as you know.

stay safe and bst wishes to you both.

moke

Chuck, U sure did have a terrible day. Dogs work their way into our hearts and these days come and that piece gets torn from our hearts. RIP Maggie Mae.....

cseymour

Chuck,
So sorry to hear about your loss
Remember all the love and good times you shared with her.
all the best

chris

Top Bottom